Matcha Chia Pudding
I often get asked for healthy snacks, alternatives or how to increase things like fibre or protein in our diets.
This matcha chia pudding is the perfect example of a go to snack or even a small breakfast.. Matcha green tea powder gives it a beautiful green color, and it’s an antioxidant powerhouse that can help you stay energised throughout the day. It’s a delicious, healthy and filling snack to incorporate into your diet.
What are the health benefits of Matcha...
These are just some of my favourites top 3 benefits, there are more as studies show that one serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea.
1. Matcha is high in Antioxidants, which are important to include in yor daily diets.
2. It is thought to help boost brain function/activity, and we can all do with a little help with this sometimes hey!
3. Consuming Matcha is good for the heart, as it can lower cholesterol.
What are the health benefits of Chia seeds..again plenty out there but my highlights.
1. Another high in antioxidants, so they together they help fight off nasty toxins in our bodies.
2. The carbs in chia seeds are fibre, so low carb source but being high in fibre will keep you fuller for longer.
3. If you are on a plant base diet these are a fab source of protein!
To make this yummy pudding...
You will need - serves two
- 30g chia seeds
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 40g unflavoured soy protein isolate (or vanilla)
- 1 tsp. matcha
- 100g fresh or frozen berries, to serve
Mix the chia seeds and almond milk and place in the fridge. After an hour, mix and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
The next morning, mix in the maple syrup, protein powder, and matcha.
Divide between two bowls and serve with berries.
Nutrition per serving:
If you struggle to get enough protein, fats or fibre in your diet then drop me a message for some help, hints and FREE recipes. Or book in for a FREE consultation to see if I can help you further.